The Soft-Skills Workbook for Auto Techs is an 80-page workbook. (This is a stand-alone book, with no other materials required.) A 25-page teacher’s supplement with quizzes and essays is included. The workbook contains 182 questions, 36 exercises, 10 role-play scenarios, and 5 interviews with shop managers or auto techs.
NATEF (now ASE Education Foundation – see below) employability skills are covered throughout, and the workbook can be used to assist an instructor in teaching Common Core Standards for English language arts, and literacy in a technical subject.
Soft-Skills Workbook: Teacher’s Workbook Package
Included in the Teacher’s Workbook Package:
– PDF file of the workbook
– PDF file of the quizzes
– PDF file of the teacher’s supplement
– Web Format file (MS Word file, formatted for the web) of the workbook and quizzes
– PowerPoint Presentation (you may make any changes you wish)
Click here for a web formatted sample. If this link doesn’t work, you may email me and I will send you this file.
The PDF files can be printed and copied for students as needed for class instruction at your school. The workbook files (Web Format and/or the PDF) may be emailed to students, or posted on a password protected teacher’s page.
Review copies of the complete workbook and complete teacher’s supplement are available via email.
ASE Education Foundation
ASE Education Foundation – WORKPLACE EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
From: AUTOMOBILE PROGRAM STANDARDS Effective Date: January 1, 2017
Personal Standards (see Standard 7.9)
- Reports to work daily on time; able to take directions and motivated to accomplish the task at hand.
- Dresses appropriately and uses language and manners suitable for the workplace.
- Maintains appropriate personal hygiene.
- Meets and maintains employment eligibility criteria, such as drug/alcohol-free status, clean driving record, etc.
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and reliability.
Work Habits / Ethic (see Standard 7.10)
- Complies with workplace policies/laws.
- Contributes to the success of the team, assists others and requests help when needed.
- Works well with all customers and coworkers.
- Negotiates solutions to interpersonal and workplace conflicts.
- Contributes ideas and initiative.
- Follows directions.
- Communicates (written and verbal) effectively with customers and coworkers.
- Reads and interprets workplace documents; writes clearly and concisely.
- Analyzes and resolves problems that arise in completing assigned tasks.
- Organizes and implements a productive plan of work.
- Uses scientific, technical, engineering and mathematics principles and reasoning to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Identifies and addresses the needs of all customers, providing helpful, courteous and knowledgeable service and advice as needed.